cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Max Length
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:46:13 GMT
I remembered a thread a while back regarding trying to keep the API
clean, which is why I didn't just add it.  :-)  I suppose I could add
something to the Cayenne class as you suggested, but I wonder if that
class will just start to become a dumping ground in the future?

Thanks,

mrg

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Actually in 3.1 we are moving away from metadata utility methods inside Perissitent/CayenneDataObject.
We've already deprecated 'getObjEntity'. A current place for this type of utilities is in
org.apache.cayenne.Cayenne (aka DataObjectUtils). There was a discussion about it some time
ago. Don't remember the subject off hand.