cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing "other contributors" list
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:17:10 GMT
I would say that we should remove it for the reasons you stated.
Also, I think we probably would have a list a mile long if we included
everyone who made a minor contribution.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> http://cayenne.apache.org/contributors.html
>
> I was thinking we should remove the list of names from the "Other Contributors" section
in the bottom. This list worked well when Cayenne was 2 years old, now that it is 9, it no
longer makes any sense. The problem is not about the listed folks, but rather that there are
many more people who did something comparable for Cayenne (like submitting a single patch,
or reporting and investigating a non-obvious bug).

> So in other words we don't have a clear criteria of whom to list in this section, and
IMO should treat everybody equally by removing this section.