cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject PMC's concensus about what we are voting on [was: [VOTE] 3.0.1 - reloaded]
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:47:07 GMT
Legally, PMC members are required to verify that the source code is properly
licensed.   Most of this generally takes place when the file is committed,
but some diligence is also required for a release.

A release is completely independent of the svn repository, so there's no
need to match something against svn.   As a convenience, it's nice to note
how you could pull the files back out of svn for any particular release, but
certainly no requirement.