cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.0.1 - next steps
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:26:20 GMT
FYI, problem solved: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1471

I will commit this after I finish the remaining assembly descriptors. The assembly build process
is much more sane now. Each distro (src, mac, win, generic) is done in a single step. Hopefully
will get rid of the build-mac.sh script as well.

The new binary assemblies are identical to the the ones we had, sans the "src" folder, as
sources are now distribute separately.

Andrus

On Aug 18, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Ok, now I also re-read Roy's thoughts on that (hard to keep track of everything, when
you doing million things at once... sorry for lots of back and force on the same issue).

> It does go contrary to what I said. Specifically <quote>Binary packages MUST be
built from the SIGNED and RELEASED source package, NOT FROM SUBVERSION TAGS.</quote>
-  http://markmail.org/message/3odlybipss4wnczl ... So maybe instead of arguing against this
further, I should try creating a source package assembly and building it into binary assemblies.
Sure it will be fun :-/