cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.0.1 - next steps
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:49:04 GMT
This is in, and with lots of improvements to the build/assembly process [1], as Maven files
are now our public API. I will restart 3.0.1 soon.

Andrus

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/building-cayenne.html

On Aug 21, 2010, at 8:26 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> FYI, problem solved: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1471
>
> I will commit this after I finish the remaining assembly descriptors. The assembly build
process is much more sane now. Each distro (src, mac, win, generic) is done in a single step.
Hopefully will get rid of the build-mac.sh script as well.

> The new binary assemblies are identical to the the ones we had, sans the "src" folder,
as sources are now distribute separately.

> Andrus
>

> On Aug 18, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Ok, now I also re-read Roy's thoughts on that (hard to keep track of everything,
when you doing million things at once... sorry for lots of back and force on the same issue).

>> It does go contrary to what I said. Specifically <quote>Binary packages MUST
be built from the SIGNED and RELEASED source package, NOT FROM SUBVERSION TAGS.</quote>
-  http://markmail.org/message/3odlybipss4wnczl ... So maybe instead of arguing against this
further, I should try creating a source package assembly and building it into binary assemblies.
Sure it will be fun :-/