cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Removing "other contributors" list
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:57:06 GMT
On 25/08/10 5:59 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> http://cayenne.apache.org/contributors.html
>
> I was thinking we should remove the list of names from the "Other Contributors" section
in the bottom. This list worked well when Cayenne was 2 years old, now that it is 9, it no
longer makes any sense. The problem is not about the listed folks, but rather that there are
many more people who did something comparable for Cayenne (like submitting a single patch,
or reporting and investigating a non-obvious bug).

> So in other words we don't have a clear criteria of whom to list in this section, and
IMO should treat everybody equally by removing this section.

> Thoughts? Objections?

For goodwill purposes I think it should stay. It does no harm, shows the breadth of contributions
and gives those people some acknowledgement. Let's add to that list from time to time when
needed, but I think it is useful to have a place to acknowledge people who contribute.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis