cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Max Length
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:24:55 GMT
Actually in 3.1 we are moving away from metadata utility methods inside Perissitent/CayenneDataObject.
We've already deprecated 'getObjEntity'. A current place for this type of utilities is in
org.apache.cayenne.Cayenne (aka DataObjectUtils). There was a discussion about it some time
ago. Don't remember the subject off hand.

Also since we should try to keep the API clean, how about condensing that to:

   Cayenne.getDbAttribute(Persistent object, String propertyName) ?

(similar to the existing Cayenne.getProperty(Persistent object, String properyName)).

Andrus