cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.0.1 - next steps
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:02:42 GMT

On Aug 18, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

> To me, a separate cayenne-src.tar.gz makes the most sense.

Yeah, that's what we'll likely end up with.

>  Also, I'd split the OS-specific Cayenne Modeler distributions up a bit more

I have a number of long standing gripes about OS-specific assemblies (both code separation
and the build process). With 3.1 preferences refactoring some of those became even more obvious
(e.g. I got a Windows look and feel for 3.1 now). I have some ideas, but this is a separate
discussion.

> to not even include the Cayenne libraries.  More and more people are
> using Maven now and don't need the JARs in the Cayenne Modeler
> distribution.  You can have a separate cayenne-lib.tar.gz.

I didn't quite get that. Which jars are you referring to?

Andrus