cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Removing "other contributors" list
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:56:05 GMT
It is more of a question of fairness than accuracy. I don't see this as a removal of an individual's
name, but a removal of a section on the site. And definitely the goal is not to offend any
single person listed there, but simply to reflect the fact that this particular mechanism
of acknowledgement is flawed.

We do have a formal mechanism of acknowledging a noticeable contribution - granting committership.
Some other types of contribution (such as web site designs for instance), were done as work
for hire, sponsored by one of the existing committers (if I am not mistaken, as I only know
of the earlier versions of the design).

Andrus

On Aug 26, 2010, at 4:05 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> On 26/08/10 12:23 AM, Evgeny Ryabitskiy wrote:
>> Also like idea about treating everybody equally.
>
> Sure. But removing people makes a strong statement (to those people who were removed
and who might feel some pride in contributing toward an Apache project). Accuracy is useful,
but not the final goal.