cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local Object
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:40:16 GMT
On 10/07/2010, at 2:12 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> I was thinking we'd add a utility type method for now.
>
> Cool.
>
>> I have no
>> expectations of modifying 3.0 for this, but was thinking it might be
>> good in the future to have something similar.
>
> I am sure we will. I am stumbling over 'localObject' pretty often myself. It has to be
done better.

What about adding to the Persistent interface or its direct implementations: CayenneDataObject
/ PersistentObject? i.e.,
public <P extends Persistent> localObject(P object);

Failing that, add it to the default velocity templates... or people can add it to their own
in the meantime.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck