cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Local Object
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 14:50:54 GMT
Actually "localObject" is too loaded, performing a set of vaguely
related distinct tasks... It has to be split into multiple methods
(and IIRC we discussed it briefly some time ago). This particular
variety is closer to "merge", vs. "localObject(id, null)" which is
something like "locate"... Since this is rather visible public API and
there are some caveats, we need to give it some more thought I think,
identifying all the scenarios before creating appropriate methods.

Andrus