cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Vertical inheritance
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 01:17:12 GMT
I suspected it all along - Cayenne 3.0 fully supports vertical
inheritance, and we didn't even know that ourselves :-)

I just wrote a few tests using "single table inheritance with
flattened attributes" approach. All of them passed without changing a
single line of code in Cayenne. I am still going to test attribute
overrides, and maybe a few odd relationship scenarios and we may need
that performance optimization patch to scale to hundreds of
subclasses, but... it just works the way it is.

Looks like we have a killer new feature to announce in 3.0.1 ;-)

Andrus