cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Beta label
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 22:12:55 GMT
On 31/03/10 12:40 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
> This may be a little late, but I just noticed that in the navigation
> sidebar it says "Version 3.0 (beta)" ... should we change that to
> "release candidate" instead of "beta"?  Also, once 3.0 is released,
> what label to we attach to 2.0?

'release candidate' was too long and it made the menu break :-(  I think people get the idea,
and hopefully any minute now we'll change that label again.

As for 2.0, I guess that needs to be voted on. We have two choices:

1. Leave it as 'released' and continue to support it to the extent that critical bugs will
be fixed
2. Change it to 'archived' and state clearly that it is no longer supported  for bug fixing

I think we actually should have some sort of EOL policy at any rate. It would be nice to tell
people what to expect in advance. Something like:

* We will support the current release, plus one previous release

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis