cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject CAY-1378, CAY-1009...
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 15:18:24 GMT
Guys, we need to do something about CAY-1009. The fix doesn't look
logical to me, and now it turns out that it breaks other things per
CAY-1378.

I am looking at commented out test case InheritanceTest.testCAY1009()
that Kevin created, and from what I can tell, Cayenne does the right
thing here (without the CAY-1009 fix). I.e.
DirectToSubEntity.subEntities is NOT a reverse relationship of
BaseEntity.toDirectToSubEntity, so we should not expect it to behave
as one.

Bryan and Andrey also had problems with "runtime" relationships. So
could you create test cases for those so we can maybe try looking for
the another cause is elsewhere? Or maybe you could provide a failing
mapping and describe the problem?

Andrus

Begin forwarded message: