cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: CAY-1378, CAY-1009...
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:23:13 GMT
On Feb 7, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

> Also we need to check Victor's comment:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1009?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12804515

> #action_12804515

I did and I agree with him about the semantics of the fix.

Also, answering my own earlier observation:

>  DirectToSubEntity.subEntities is NOT a reverse relationship of
> BaseEntity.toDirectToSubEntity,

Looks like a simple model of relationship/reverse relationship breaks
when inheritance is involved. If we define "reverse" as relationship
over the same set of joins, just going in the opposite direction, then
we can have multiple reverse relationships for any single relationship
and will need to do much more e.g. when connecting related objects...

Andrus