cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Hudson setup status
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:28:22 GMT
Looks like I was able to fix configurations for Cayenne-trunk and
Cayenne-30. So now we have two fully working builds, and can improve
upon the existing baseline setup. A few comments explaining what I had
to fix:

1. I was wrong about the "Ubuntu" group including Hadoop* machines.
Ubuntu = minerva + vesta. So both build configurations are explicitly
clustered across the group.

2. Both minerva and vesta contain identical ~hudson/.cayenne/
connection.properties files. We need to manually keep those in sync.
At the same time we don't really need one on hudson.zones.apache.org.

3. Cayenne-30 does not support cayenneTestConnection property and I am
not comfortable patching it from trunk at this point. And as Ari
noticed, using cayenne.test.connection notation doesn't play well with
Hudson (I can't imagine why, but I can confirm this finding). As a
result we can't run 3.0 on Hudson with Derby or H2. So I removed those
options. Now it runs with Java 5 & 6 on HSQLDB only.

4. Cayenne-trunk on the other hand can support specific DB's (see #2
above), and so it does. Derby runs without test failures BTW. However
I've seen occasional test failures that can be attributed to race
conditions in the tests (those happen on local machines as well). One
day we are going to track them down.

5. Builds themselves are pretty fast. Usually the slowest step is SVN
checkout.

Andrus