cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Ryabitskiy <evgeny.ryabits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hudson test against MS SQL server
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:41:01 GMT
> We could, but I doubt there would be anywhere for maven to fetch them from.
> Microsoft are hardly likely be running a maven repository.

We can use JTDS drivers, as Tore notices. I would advice to use
exactly JTDS drivers for SQL Server (maybe we could use both for 2
different configurations).

Available from here:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/sourceforge/jtds/jtds/1.2.4/jtds-1.2.4.pom

I am using JTDS. There where some experiments from my side to use
Microsoft official driver instead.
If Just switch drivers to Microsoft one - everything stop to work for
SQLTemplates (lot's of bind/type mapping problems).

Also performance tests shown:
JTDS is much faster when you are using bind directive (prepared
statement). Microsoft shown same result for query using #bind
directive and query where parameters set up via Velocity just in query
line, but much slower then JTDS with #bind.

So.. Microsoft official drivers we can deployed at some
Apache/objectstyle repo. I prefer Apache.

Evgeny.

PS: when there will be Oracle turn. Official drivers from here
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/com/oracle/ojdbc14/10.2.0.3.0/
are not latest. Looks like no body was updating them for a while....
We should also deploy latest version somewhere.