cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 3.0RC2
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:39:22 GMT
I agree. We had B1 seriously evaluated by most (all?) active Cayenne
developers. So we have a base line. The rate of SVN changes on 3.0-
STABLE is relatively low. All of the changes are bug fixes and
documentation. So release evaluation can just focus on a "smoke test",
legal clearance and checking the commits history. That should
hopefully take less time compared to say putting a new RC in a
production environment. The good thing is that the end users will help
us with deeper quality control, but for that we need to churn the RCs
quickly.

Andrus