cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From George Stan <george.st...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Mapping fake FKs as relationships?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:28:26 GMT
Thank you all for your advice.

> Having actually done this the first
> way Andrus mentions, my advice is to do it the second way
> (as an inheritance) if you can.
Hmm, I'm trying, but CM seems to allow me only one element for the inheritance :(. Unfortunately,
many Entities must inherit from more than one since they have Tags, Comments and Events too:(.

> George, could you point us to the documentation for how
> ActiveRecord implements this?
I'm afraid there's no such documentation, as this is a core Rails feature,
there are not too many architecture documents about them - just the sources :(.

George.