cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJBQL client-side challenge
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:50:30 GMT
On 27/01/2010, at 12:52 AM, Khailenko Ksenia wrote:

> Does the scenario at
> org.apache.cayenne.CayenneContextEJBQLTest.testEJBQLSelect() satisfy to the
> conditions you are talking about?
> Because in such a case we have the DbEntity with name "MT_TABLE1" and the
> ObjEntity with name "MtTable1" - they are different, aren't they?

Strictly speaking, yes. But you could also say that one is a derivative of the other. e.g.,
upper-casing camel casing and joined via underscore which is a common db mapping (which perhaps
cayenne allows for, especially when reverse engineering).

> This test
> successfully passes with query "SELECT a FROM MtTable1 a", and fails on
> query "SELECT COUNT(a) FROM MtTable1 a" but not for the reason that you
> have, but because there is a problem with the processing scalar results.
> Could you give a more concrete example if I misunderstood the problem?

DbEntity name -> Foo
ObjEntity name -> Bar.

No similarities.

> 2010/1/26 Lachlan Deck <lachlan.deck@gmail.com>
>
>> On 26/01/2010, at 6:51 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Will need to investigate that. Could be a bug. IIRC we officially
>> supported EJBQL on the client.
>>
>> Sure. Just to be clear, this error only occurs if the DbEntity name differs
>> from the ObjEntity name. Similar problems would occur (I imagine) with
>> property names.
>>

>>> Andrus

>> possible.

>> getting? We may be able to fix by fixing processing pipeline.

>> SomeEntityName....' the error returned is that no such Table/View exists.

>> with regards,
>> --
>>
>> Lachlan Deck
>>

> --