cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Mapping fake FKs as relationships?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 07:57:15 GMT
On 11/01/10 12:21 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Do you think this is achievable? Andrus, I know you've looked at
> vertical inheritance... do you think this would be a natural extension
> of that work, or quite different?

Thinking about this a bit more (it actually solves a problem I have right now): maybe my introduction
of the interface idea is a red-herring. That could be useful, but isn't really the core of
the problem. Instead, what we need are qualifiers on db_Relationships. We already have a very
similar idea in inheritance.

Let me know if you want me to flesh out the idea in more detail, or if it is obvious from
what I've mentioned so far how it might work.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis