cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EJBQL client-side challenge
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:37:46 GMT
On 27/01/2010, at 2:25 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Actually looks like we can reproduce this problem. EJBQLQuery does query compilation
on the client, and that accesses DbRelationships. So this is not related to naming, but rather
to the use of joins.

> A fix can be rather invasive, so how does everybody feel about making EJBQL a server-only
feature in 3.0 and doing necessary refactoring in 3.1?

Does this affect sql templates as well from ROP?

> Andrus
>
> On Jan 26, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>

>> On Jan 26, 2010, at 4:50 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
>>
>>> Strictly speaking, yes. But you could also say that one is a derivative of the
other. e.g., upper-casing camel casing and joined via underscore which is a common db mapping
(which perhaps cayenne allows for, especially when reverse engineering).

>> No, Cayenne doesn't make any such adhoc conversions. So MT_TABLE and MtTable1 are
different names, and the framework will not attempt a conversion.

>> So do you have a stack trace of the error BTW?
>>
>> Andrus

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck