cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject XML file changes: dropping .driver.xml
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:45:20 GMT
Since I am rewriting the project load/save code, I am going to add one
more format change - move .driver.xml stuff into cayenne.xml. The
original motivation for a separate file was to allow users to swap it
in different deployment environments, e.g. to protect their production
password. Now we have the password encoder facility that does not
require file swapping, and most JEE environments are using JNDI
anyways, so makes sense to reduce the complexity, and store the
<driver>..</driver> section right in cayenne.xml.

Andrus