cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: maven dependency issues
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:33:54 GMT

On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> No, I think we need install because none of the modules are able to
> build against other modules since they can't 'find' each other.
> Since the parent references are fictional, maven is unable to
> traverse the build tree and figure out how all the code relates to
> each other.

As far as I know Maven's in-process "reactor" allows projects to
reference other not installed projects from the same build. Maven has
evolved a lot lately though, so I may have some dated assumptions on
the default command-line flags. The fact that the tutorial build is
failing on Hudson, but not on my machine may confirm that there's
something different about "mvn" now (your item #6). I see there's a
bunch of new reactor-related switches in mvn.

> 6. /zonestorage/hudson/home/hudson/hudson/jobs/Cayenne-30/workspace/
> cayenneTestConnection/HSQLDB/jdk/JDK 1.6 (latest)/STABLE-3.0/
> tutorials/tutorial/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/tutorial/
> persistent/auto/_Painting.java:[3,25] cannot find symbol
> Is this the same problem or something else? Why can't it find the
> Cayenne code in the same project? Why do these sorts of problems
> haunt us?

This is what I need to figure out.

Andrus