cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: maven dependency issues
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:52:04 GMT

On Dec 28, 2009, at 10:41 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>
>> 2. If we want to avoid some ongoing pain and hassle, we need to
>> remove the need to 'install' every module. That will probably fix
>> Clover as well. To me that seems straightforward and if that means
>> some people need to add one more pom to their project, well they
>> should either suck it, complain to maven developers or use another
>> build tool. At the same time I'd move everything into one namespace
>> for simplicity.
>
> IIRC the only reason install is needed is because we have maven
> plugins built, that are themselves used during the build (build-
> tools). For everything else install is not needed. So the problems
> are likely elsewhere.

Although I also need to test whether aggregate modules require an
install to be used in itests (IIRC for convenience we are not using
those as dependencies , but we really should).

>>  To me that seems straightforward and if that means some people
>> need to add one more pom to their project, well they should either
>> suck it, complain to maven developers or use another build tool

So the only problem you are having with install is Clover
configuration? Then I'd rather we drop Clover :-) Seriously, I think
we can resolve all these issues. I just don't understand what problems
install is causing?

Andrus