cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: maven dependency issues
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:16:53 GMT
On 29/12/09 2:40 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:
>
>> Not sure this will be of help, but is it OK that tutorial POM does not
>> have
>> a parent while it is referenced by "tutorials"?
>
> It has no parent intentionally for the reason that I mentioned, and yes,
> it is one possible cause why it fails (not that it makes any sense).

I know that fixing the maven version has moved us forward, but the overall install/parent
issues are still there. And I just saw this email from the maven people, wanting ASF projects
to use this as a parent:

   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/pom/trunk/asf/pom.xml?revision=893969&view=markup

I'm not sure there is huge benefit, although perhaps we could learn from some of the interesting
things in their POM.

Ari

--

Aristedes Maniatis