cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject sqlite failed tests
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 04:22:01 GMT
Yes, sqlite isn't a 'real' database. But we support it, so clearly documenting (within Cayenne)
what it can't do is important. So for instance, the org.apache.cayenne.merge functions should
perhaps return 'unsupported' exceptions when trying to run on that database. Perhaps each
adaptor needs a supportsMerging() feature.

I'd like to leave this test running on Hudson for a while. Perhaps someone who knows something
about sqlite (I've never used it) can suggest what we need to do with it. Far better for users
to get a relevant exception than for things to silently fail.

I'm far less keen on hacking the unit tests to stop them complaining. Then users will try
to use the features which don't work and get unexpected and wrong results.

Ari

--

Aristedes Maniatis