cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: DI-based configuration works
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:24:53 GMT
On 8/12/09 11:49 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I been thinking about this step, and decided against moving o.a.c.conf
> to the Modeler. Instead I am going to create a separate new module
> cayenne-project-unpublished, implementing project saving/loading
> functionality with the Modeler use in mind. Once this is done, the
> Modeler and runtime can be switched to the new stack simultaneously, and
> o.a.c.conf and o.a.c.project removed from the runtime jars.
>
> IIRC Ari mentioned before that project saving functionality doesn't have
> to be in the runtime. This refactoring will do just that.

Nice. I like the idea of a separate library since if anyone wanted to write an alternative
modeler in the future, or incorporate support into wolips or some other eclipse plugin, then
this would be a simple interface to interact with writing the model.

The downside is that reading the model and writing the model will now be scattered across
two different places.

> And one more issue - maintaining the JPA jars is becoming an issue with
> the new configuration work, as it uses the old API and will require
> special attention. Since we are not working on JPA, I suggest that we
> remove it from trunk. It will be preserved in Subversion on 3.0 branch
> in case somebody decides to resurrect it. Thoughts? Objections?

Since I've never used JPA I'm hazy on exactly what that means. For example, isn't EJBQL part
of the JPA? I assume you aren't suggesting that goes away? Which bit of the implementation
is in the JPA jars?

Ari Maniatis

--

Aristedes Maniatis