cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Hudson build is back to normal: Cayenne-trunk » HSQLDB,JDK 1.6 (latest) #142
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:06:03 GMT
Thanks Ari for setting me up on Hudson.

The thing that fixed the build was switching Maven version from "Maven
2 (latest)" to "Maven 2.2.1". See, the "latest" version was a symlink
to an older Maven 2.0.9 :-) I will update other configurations
accordingly.

Also regarding occasional build slowness. An active build takes about
10 minutes. Slower than on my local machine, but still bearable.
Slower builds (those that take hours) seem to be caused by Hudson
scheduling. Hudson starts with "svn update", but then suspends the
build with the status "Waiting for the next available executor".
That's just Hudson being overloaded with too many projects, not us
doing "mvn install". So I don't think we need to fix anything in our
builds (i.e. we may want to reorg a few thing, but nothing there is
broken).

Andrus