cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Рябицкий Евгений <eryabits...@diasoft.ru>
Subject RE: 3.0 tutorial
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:35:30 GMT

Hello!
Could I suggest to separate section "Learning Cayenne API" on

1) Learning Cayenne Persistent API. (Actually now Learning Cayenne API is about Persistent
API)
2) Learning Cayenne Query API. (to describe blue section from here [1]) ?

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/runtime-components.html

I want to say that Cayenne not only ORM Framework it's also powerful Query Engine. And it
will be cool to describe this fetures.

Evgeny.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:34 PM
To: dev@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: 3.0 tutorial

Finally I was able to update the tutorial for 3.0:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAYDOC30/Tutorial

The cool thing about it is that it only requires the Maven Eclipse
plugin, and bypasses all the Eclipse nonsense related to running
webapps using maven-jetty-plugin. It doesn't add any more advanced
features (listeners, caching prefetching), but I guess we can write
separate tutorials for those.

Ari, one more thing that I can't find in archives... What was the
remaining Confluence problem that prevented us from publishing
CAYDOC30, and switching submenus under "Version 3.0" to CAYDOC30 (and
also switching "Getting Started" menu to the new version of the
tutorial)?

Andrus