cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: DI-based configuration works
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:34:09 GMT

On Dec 8, 2009, at 5:24 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> Since I've never used JPA I'm hazy on exactly what that means. For
> example, isn't EJBQL part of the JPA? I assume you aren't suggesting
> that goes away? Which bit of the implementation is in the JPA jars?

Our JPA implementation was designed as a spec-compliant wrapper around
Cayenne core. So JPA modules themselves are rather thin and contain
the bridging code, and peeling off this layer will be transparent to
everybody (except that the trunk will build faster). All the actual
functionality is in cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished module (including
EJBQL), and of course will not be removed. Specifically these modules
will be removed:

* framework/cayenne-agent
* framework/cayenne-jpa-unpublished
* itests/jpa-chapter2