cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject maven-javadoc-plugin slowness
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:29:35 GMT
Not sure what happened and whether we used a different version of the
javadoc plugin before, but the last couple of weeks doing a full
Cayenne build is taking forever, with the following output generated
for all the modules for which we don't have Javadocs:

[INFO] Building Cayenne Documentation
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
'org.apache.cayenne.itests:pojo:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke it...
[INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
'org.apache.cayenne.itests:jpa-chapter2:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke
it...
[INFO] The goal 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:
2.6:javadoc' has not be previously called for the project:
'org.apache.cayenne.itests:jpa-chapter3:jar:3.0B1'. Trying to invoke
it...

The actual JavaDocs generation for those modules that actually need it
is rather fast, but the noop execution above is *extremely* slow.

Andrus