cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making sense of callbacks
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 07:19:03 GMT
On 02/11/2009, at 2:23 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

> So you've not configured callbacks in model - have you added callbacks
> through LifecycleCallbackRegistry or something? Could you give a
> snippet?
> Could you ensure that both prePersist and postAdd callbacks are
> invoked
> (e.g. add a breakpoint there). My test above shows it must be so.

Here's what I've done to test this.
-- without upgrading --
1) create record(s) on client
2) commit changes
3) logger.warn.... server.Contact#prePersist called
4) logger.warn.... server.Contact#validateForSave called
5) all saved, good.

-- after upgrade --
1) add method postAdd() to server.Contact with a logger.warn
2) create record(s) on client
3) commit changes
4) logger.warn.... server.Contact#validateForSave
5) fails validation

No lifecycle events fired after upgrade on either prePersist
(obviously as validation failed) or postAdd.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck