cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Confluence updates
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:29:33 GMT

On Nov 30, 2009, at 3:39 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> When I'm done, I'd like to look at blowing away CAYDOC30 and making
> a new copy since I'm hoping it will make more sense. This is one of
> the reasons I don't like this forking of the docs so often, but I
> know I'm in the minority on this one. When that's done I can remove
> the DI page from CAYDOC30 which Andrus just added.

Thanks for the heads up. I also changed the Cayenne version in CAYDOC
on a few pages and added "What's new in 3.1" page. So maybe let's keep
CAYDOC30 unchanged. It is mostly frozen after all, so do we care to
clean it up at this point? What do you think?

> This is one of the reasons I don't like this forking of the docs so
> often

Ideally we'd use an SCM and branches to maintain multiple doc
versions, like we do for code. And we did that in the past. But that
created a significant barrier to editing the content. No ideal
solution I guess :-/

Andrus