cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tests against other databases
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:29:51 GMT
On 11/11/2009, at 7:36 PM, Ольга Ткачева wrote:

> 2009/11/11 Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org>
>

>> I'd never have guessed some of the above. Are you saying that the
>> file
>> needs to look *exactly* like the above, including the string
>> "path-to-hsql-db-files"?
>>

> you can write instead string "path-to-hsql-db-files" any path, as
> example I
> write now this path as derby.jdbc.url =
> jdbc:derby:/home/olga/derbyFiles;create=true, it works.

Sure, except Ari's question is about not hardcoding this path but
allowing maven to define it. And so long as that file is under /src/
test/resources/... and filtering is enabled for test resources then
the answer is yes.

use something like:
jdbc:derby:${derby.dir} etc

in your pom profile put any relevant properties to be used when
filtering resource file(s).
<profile>
	<properties>
		<derby.dir>some.default.value</derby.dir>
	</properties>
</profile>

or just use default properties like:
${project.build.directory} (i.e., path to target dir)

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/MavenPropertiesGuide

mvn .... -Dderby.dir=myCustomValueIfWantingNonDefault

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck