cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Plans for the future (aka 3.1 roadmap)
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:54:34 GMT
Maybe I'm just disagreeable today ... :-)

I like autocomplete, especially as a new user to a framework, showing
me what I can/should override.  With T5 I have to hit the
documentation and guess.  Do I need setupRender() or pageAttached() or
...  With autocomplete, I at least can see a list of methods to help
me get started in that process (and see the JavaDocs for each one to
decide which method to try).  And, since the source code is available
if you inherit functionality, you can easily look at it and see
precisely the order things are called.  Automagic methods are much
more sealed off.

Thanks,

mrg