cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Nested ROP contexts and relationships
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:35:26 GMT
> my war against two branches of classes continues :)

Great job :-)

> -added little test (LightServerTest) for testing ROP-like server
> classes.
> very simple, still need to figure out how to create test stacks for
> server &
> client at once

As a side note, I was thinking of an overhaul of the test framework
for some time. Tests under cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished are rather hard
to manage. E.g. group by DB type (some tests are not supported on some
DB's), create data assemblies, etc. There's also lots of obsolete
stuff (like Spring-based SQL queries).

Olga did research on the background of JUnit4 and TestNG as the
possible alternatives. This is a topic for separate thread, I was just
holding it off intentionally, as we had a bunch of other active
discussions and it's been a bit overwhelming to follow all of them.

> -added util.Cayenne class with some internal and external methods

Excellent! May I nitpick a bit ? :-)

Can we split non-public methods into a non-public class under the util
package (maybe even the existing org.apache.cayenne.util.Util), and
move Cayenne to org.apache.cayenne package?

Also since DataObjectUtils deprecation is a pretty serious frontend
change, can we open a Jira for tracking purposes (and close it right
after putting it in RELEASE-NOTES).

Andrus