cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Confluence updates
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:39:57 GMT
I've wrangled some improvements to the Confluence templates:

1. All pages have edit/new links in the top right corner. This makes it easier to edit pages
without having to dive around the backend hunting for the right page. It is very important
for the wiki since it makes it easier for the public to change pages.

2. The wiki section now has automated links to children at the bottom of each page. See (
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/ ). We didn't do that before because it was previously not possible
to put them in the right order, but now it is. This is a big improvement largely because it
is less likely we'll have pages orphaned in the structure. Half of the wiki was effectively
orphaned since the navigation doesn't match the actual pages very well.

This last point means that we need to do a bit of work to make sure the pages are in the right
order in Confluence and then remove unneeded links, then I'll roll out the same idea to the
entire site. At the same time the docs could do with a little re-organisation to ensure they
are in the order that makes most sense to new users. In particular I'll be going through the
modeler guide to clean it up.

When I'm done, I'd like to look at blowing away CAYDOC30 and making a new copy since I'm hoping
it will make more sense. This is one of the reasons I don't like this forking of the docs
so often, but I know I'm in the minority on this one. When that's done I can remove the DI
page from CAYDOC30 which Andrus just added.

Ari

--

Aristedes Maniatis