cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: tests against other databases
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:19:37 GMT
On 10/11/09 11:11 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>
>> On 10/11/09 10:52 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> connection.properties entry is the minimal requirement
>>
>> Can we avoid that file somehow so that it can run within Hudson since
>> HSQLDB doesn't need it.
>
> For in-memory db's we can probably get rid of it, but not for other
> DB's. So can you just create this file on the Hudson machine?

I could ask the Hudson admin guys, but I don't think I've got access to the hudson user's
home directory. Alternatively we could set up our Cayenne zone as a Hudson slave and run everything
there... that will work too, but is a bit of work to set up.

We may need to do that anyway since infra aren't all that keen on installing a centralised
db cluster.

* Is it trivial to remove the need for the file for derby/h2? If so we can get those running
now. The others still need co-operation from infra.

* What would the file look like for those derby and h2 which are executed completely within
maven? What user and pass? Is the URL pointing to localhost?

Ari

--

Aristedes Maniatis