cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [suggestion] unmodifiable toMany lists
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:20:06 GMT

On Nov 11, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, it's wholly a human problem.  But, false
> expectations can lead to tedious debugging sessions and adoptions of
> seemingly tenuous programming habits.

This is why I am in favor of a single strategy that can be clearly
explained in the docs. IMO the only problem today is a mismatch
between server-side and ROP behavior (if I am not mistaken ROP allows
collection.add/remove, while server-side requires you to use generated
methods addTo/removeFrom). Otherwise I think we are consistent.

Wrapping collections into immutable wrappers is not something I'd like
Cayenne to do. Let the users do it if they want to, either in the
code, or via a very simple customized cgen template.

Andrus