cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Passing null values in parameters, part 2 )
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 08:07:52 GMT
Hi Evgeny,

Thanks for explaining it in detail. I think now I am clear on the
proposed scope of the feature and the motivation behind it. While this
didn't change my initial assessment of the redundancy of the
#bind($bind) option, still I see no harm in the extra functionality of
the #bind directive, especially considering that you will be
submitting a patch for it (so I agree to disagree :-)). So let's go
for it.

I suggest that we don't limit it to just #bind($bind), but support it
for all flavors of the bind directive. Also like CAY-1282, this is
something that will go to 3.0 only. As we've contemplated doing a 3.0
beta release soon, keep us posted on the progress, as beta would also
mean a complete feature freeze for 3.0. And on the upside, it may mean
that your company can start using 3.0 as an API-stable release in your
work.

Thanks,
Andrus