cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Beta 1 ?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:57:31 GMT
Milestone releases had lots of unfinished *new* functionality, as we
only guaranteed that the *existing* functionality is working. Same
thing here, only the scope of unfinished functionality is limited to
the Modeler. We define what Milestone vs. Beta vs. RC means, and
historically the meaning has been what I just mentioned. Don't see any
problem with this approach going forward, as long as we explain the
rules to the users.

Also the downside of NOT declaring Beta until we reach some ideal
state throughout the board, is that the feature creep will continue,
and it will be hard to stop it.

Andrus