cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Run query NOT in transaction
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:29:01 GMT

On Oct 27, 2009, at 6:15 PM, Evgeny Ryabitskiy wrote:

> The problem that as usual I need to turn it off only in some
> "special cases".
> Usual I am using InternalTransaction API.
> Using of ProcedureQueries is not a solution in my case, we prefer
> common RowQuery. :)

Sure, this is applicable to any type of query though.

> It' a solution to replace InternalTransaction by ExternalTransaction
> (which actually do nothing) in such "special cases", so it' helps.
> I just got this solution in mind. But it's not so intuitive... and
> really ugly...

Good to know that the workaround helps you.

> I will add issue on 3.1 Transaction mechanism is not a best part of
> Cayenne .... :(

I both agree and disagree.

I disagree with the general statement. Implicit transaction mechanism
is actually the best part of Cayenne 99% of the time compared to
alternatives. I.e. you don't have to manage transaction at all.

I agree that in such edge cases it can and should do better.

Andrus