cayenne-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Beta 1 ?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 13:27:24 GMT
CAY-1283: The code is checked in, but I haven't updated the
documentation yet to show using the enums instead of booleans.  I
probably need to test the code a bit more, too, but at least people
can see it now.

CAY-1284: That doesn't involve an API change and wouldn't interfere
with a beta release.  It is also fairly low priority, I think.

CAY-1288: I think I've finished the code, but it isn't checked in yet.
 I wanted to look over it one more time.

mrg


On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> I suggest that we consider wrapping up the current release cycle, release
> 3.0B1 and go into a runtime new feature freeze associated with the Beta part
> of the cycle.
>
> We had a burst of new development activity in the past couple of weeks,
> which is awesome, and I don't want to get in its way with the feature
> freeze, but let's see what issues we have left, and see which ones are
> actually being worked on:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310903&created%3Aprevious=-3w&status=1&status=3&sorter/field=created&sorter/order=DESC
>
> CAY-1282: I think this is close to completion by Evgeny, and is a very nice
> addition that I'd love to see in Cayenne.
> CAY-1287: IMO the only thing that is needed there is docs improvement, so
> not a subject to code freeze.
> CAY-1283: In progress (or is it finished?)
> CAY-1280: An idea of overrides for SQLTemplates. I think Evgeny is also
> planning to work on it in the near term.
> CAY-1284, CAY-1288: Not sure if Michael plans an immediate action on those?
>
> So unless Michael and Evgeny ask for more time to finish CAY-1280, CAY-1284,
> CAY-1288, I suggest that we have a preliminary B1 tag date set to 2 weeks
> from now - October 22. By then we'll see how we are doing with the remaining
> tasks, and make a decision.
>
> Finally, I think Beta should go into a stable branch, and then trunk can be
> immediately open for 3.1 commits without affecting the Beta. But then of
> course we need to keep trunk in sync with Beta bug fixes and Modeler
> changes, which IMO not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.
>
> Andrus
>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message