cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:18:41 GMT
The version update was needed to remap renamed callbacks. So if you
upgrade a schema with "prePersist" callback, you'll see more changes.

I mentioned this on the list before - since there's generally no
direct correspondence between Cayenne runtime version and project
schema version, I figured I'd come up with some numbering scheme that
can't be mistaken for a Cayenne runtime version. So 3.0.0.1 is pretty
random based on the fact that we may have 3.0.1 Cayenne release, but
not a 3.0.0.1.

Also this does not affect the XSD schema version. I simply updated the
existing schema. I think of the schema as a Java class - during 3.0
development cycle we are allowed to change it without changing the
version.

It does look counterintuitive somewhat, but allows us to modify the
schema and implement automated XML upgrades between the milestone
releases.

Andrus