cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Setup for Java 1.6
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:50:50 GMT
I just committed maven changes needed to compile Cayenne with either
Java 5 or 6. I would strongly recommend to everybody to do a full
rebuild from root of the checkout tree after an update. A few other
points:

* We have a new empty module cayenne-jdk1.6-unpublished. As the name
suggests, it is for the code that will only run under Java 1.6
* You can build from root of the checkout with either Java 5 or 6. In
the former case, Maven will exclude "cayenne-jdk1.6-unpublished" from
the build and from resulting aggregated jars. Corollary to that -
release managers MUST USE JAVA 6 TO CREATE  RELEASE ARTIFACTS.
* It is up to the developers how to organize the modules in Eclipse. I
am back to the two workspaces setup - one with default Java 5 JVM and
another - with Java 6.

Let me know if anything that I checked in breaks your local build.

Thanks,
Andrus