cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r595869 - in /cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne: ./ access/trans/ query/ remote/
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 23:56:38 GMT

On 17/11/2007, at 10:24 AM, aadamchik@apache.org wrote:

>      * Returns a collection of objects that are registered with this
> ObjectContext and
>      * have a state PersistenceState.NEW
>      */
> -    Collection newObjects();
> +    Collection<?> newObjects();

Is that right? As I understand it, <?> should be used when you have
one type of object and you don't know which which type it is, but
<Object> should be used when you have a mixture of different types of
object.

I don't have a reference for that right now, but that was my
recollection.

Ari

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8