cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Menard <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Re: generics and ObjectContext
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:28:29 GMT
I have mixed feelings on that one.  Seems like too much code to change.
But, maybe it should be expected.

Like I said, I loved getting rid of all my casts with newObject().  But, at
the same time, I had to add a lot more because performQuery() now returns
List<?> rather than List.  Before I was okay with the unchecked access, but
now that's not possible for better or worse.  In any event, a cast is nearly
always required because retrieving items from a List<?> is going to require
such.

--
Kevin Menard
Servprise International, Inc.