cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Why the "unpublished" suffix?
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 08:57:01 GMT

On Nov 4, 2007, at 3:53 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> It might still be easier to have cayenne-core and cayenne-jdk1.[x
> +1] at all times.
> That avoids us having to move 99% of the code to a new project and
> update all the maven paths,

Doesn't matter to me much... the current module names are self
explanatory, but otherwise no difference. Every time we increment the
base JDK version, we'd have to merge one of the modules anyways. E.g.
right now we can either merge jdk1.4 to jdk1.5 or do it in the
opposite direction and rename jdk1.4 folder once it's done. Regarding
maven - only two poms need to be updated. Also one Eclipse project
will have to be removed from workspace.

> plus all the Confluence docs every time a JDK update is required.

Exported docs are located in "cayenne/docs/doc" folder, so those are
not affected by the merge.

> Although I guess with the right svn commands the history of all the
> files will be preserved however we move things around, so it
> shouldn't matter too much.

Right.

Andrus