cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Borked dependency graph?
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:38:24 GMT
All of those artifacts are our "optional dependencies", i.e. they are
required on compilation, but not required in runtime for 99% of
users. IIRC they were marked as "provided" to prevent Cayenne users
to suck up the entire ibiblio repo on their local drive :-)

But this is not ideal of course. I guess we should remove "provided"
from the top level and add them at the assembly level. In other words
we need new assembly artifacts that build "cayenne-nodeps.jar" and
"cayenne-client-nodeps.jar" with POMs that exclude optional
dependencies. Also we will need to ensure that they are excluded from
current modeler assemblies (or the Modeler jar size will jump to 20
MB :-)).

Andrus